Please be advised that use of the dog park is by *REGISTRATION & PERMIT TAG ONLY* ( see details below)
"Owner" refers to owner/handler unless specifically stated otherwise.
Who can use the park?
Borough of Lodi canine residents and well as non-residents are welcome to use the dog park, proof of residency is required.
DOGS USING THE DOG PARK REGARDLESS OF RESIDENCY MUST DISPLAY THE PROPER, CURRENT BOROUGH OF LODI ISSUED PERMIT TAG ON THEIR COLLAR AT ALL TIMES.
Dogs less than four (4) months of age are not permitted to use the park and will not be issued a permit tag.
Owner is permitted to list three (3) additional handlers on the registration who may bring their dog(s) to the dog park in addition to them or in their absence and is responsible for the dog(s) while using the park.
Use of the dog park is for dogs and their owners only, no other animals are permitted
The off-leash are of the dog park is divided into two (2) areas for the safety and well-being of all dogs.
"Large Dog" area is for dogs 30 lbs or more
"Small Dog" area is for dogs 30 lbs or less
How do I obtain a permit?
Once you have completed the Dog Park Application you can submit it in person to the Borough's Health Department Room 103 of Borough Hall during regular business hours. The staff, depending on availability, will review the registration and required documents during your visit and issue the permit tags or may review it when available and will contact you as soon as permits tags are ready. Permit tags are non-transferable, they are to be worn on the collar of the dog to which the tag was issued.
All Borough of Lodi residents must also register their dog(s) (and cat(s)) with the Borough's Health Department as is required annually, this is in addition to the dog park registration. Separate fees apply.
What vaccinations must my dog have in order to obtain a permit?
Owners must provide current proof* of the following for each dog being registered:
- rabies vaccine**
- parvovirus vaccine
- distemper vaccine
- bordetella vaccine
- canine influenza vaccine
- It is recommended that dogs be on flea/tick and heartworm prevention medication
*OWNERS ARE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE THE BOROUGH OF LODI'S HEALTH DEPARTMENT WITH UP TO DATE VACCINATION RECORDS WITHIN TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS OF THE VACCINE BEING ADMINISTERED. ANY DOG WITH AN EXPIRED REQUIRED VACCINATION WHOSE OWNER HAS NOT PROVIDED AN UP TO DATE RECORD WILL HAVE THEIR PERMIT REVOKED UNTIL RECORDS ARE RECEIVED
**Borough of Lodi canine residents are required to be additionally registered with the Borough of Lodi's Health Department with proof of rabies vaccination as is required annually. This is in addition to the dog park's registration and separate fees apply.
The Borough of Lodi reserves the right to require that a dog receive current vaccination(s) if existing vaccination(s) expiration is close to the date of registration.
What are the permit fees?
$3.00/annually for Lodi Residents/per dog
$7.00/annually for Non-Lodi Residents/per dog
Cash or check made out to "The Borough of Lodi" are the only forms of payment currently accepted - Fee is not prorated, all owners are expected to renew dog park registration by March 1st of each year.
Where is the dog park located?
Paws & Play Dog Park is located at 72 Kimmig Avenue and is situated behind the Ambulance Corps Headquarters.
Currently there is street parking only, You may access the park by walking between the Ambulance Corps & Paramedics Buildings or through Jet-Age Park
What are the hours?
The park is open from Sunrise to Sunset (dawn to dusk) daily. The gates are locked and unlocked by the Lodi Police Department.
What are the park rules?
- All dogs must remain on a leash until they are in the secured designated off-leash area of the park
- Gates of the dog park must remain latched at all times when not in use
- Limit of three (3) dogs per owner or permitted handler inside the park at any one time
- No person under ten (10) years of age is permitted within the off-leash are of the park at any time
- Close adult (18+) supervision is required for anyone under sixteen (16) years of age inside of the off-leash are of the park
- Owners must clean up after their dog(s) in and around the dog park and properly dispose of it. Within each section of the dog park are two (2) waste stations for convenient use with waste bags and trash bins
- Owners may not leave their dogs unattended or out of sight. Owners must remain in the off-leash area of the park with the dog(s) at all times
- Owners must have their dog's leash with them at all times
- Owners are legally responsible for their dog(s) and any injuries caused by them while in the off-leash area of the dog park and surrounding park area
- Visitors involved in any incident involving injury to a person or dog should exchange accurate personal contact information (name, telephone numbers etc) and veterinary contacts. Cell phone camera can be helpful in documenting information. You should also contact the Lodi Police Department to make a report of the incident
- DO NOT allow dogs with a known history of aggressive or dangerous behavior in the park
- Dogs showing aggression towards people or other dogs MUST be removed from the park immediately. If anyone witnesses a dog being aggressive and the owner failing to remove it from the park please notify the Lodi Police Department
- Persistent parking is prohibited. Please be mindful of the neighbors
- The Borough of Lodi reserves the right to close the dog park for maintenance, inclement weather including extreme temperature or other circumstances deemed necessary
- No food for human or animal consumption is permitted inside the dog park at any time
- No glass beverage containers are permitted within the dog park or surrounding area
- PLEASE refrain from bringing any "favorite" toys to the park. We recommend tennis balls and/or Frisbees only
- Smoking is STRICTLY prohibited inside the dog park area or within 25' (feet) of the perimeter of the entire park area
- Dog grooming is NOT permitted inside the dog park or withing the surrounding area
- Spiked or prong/choke collars are strictly prohibited from the dog park
- Business/solicitation of any kind is NOT to be conducted in or around the dog park area. dog training, boarding, exercising etc (Exceptions may be made during Borough sanctioned events) PARK USE IS FOR OWNERS AND THEIR REGISTERED DOGS ONLY
- All visitors to the dog park must follow all dog park rules, Borough ordinances and laws
- Violations of these rules and regulations is punishable by a fine of up to $1,000.00 and revocation of dog park privileges.
- All dog park rules are enforceable by the Lodi Police Department, Borough of Lodi's Health Department, Municipal Manager and their designee(s)